Our Fabulous Sayings.......

"don't dwell on the past, or worry about the present but look forward and visualize the future"
[B']

"We'll praise Him during the good times. We'll praise Him during the bad"
D'ee

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

We sang, we danced and we stole things...ok...maybe not...

So yes! It's super late at night and much later in the land down under...due to the time difference not to mention their daylight savings....so it's about 3:40AM there right now...and yet she was up! I am talking about the princess diva of Brunei....Lim Yee Won ;)
I had no idea how much I've missed her until we skyped! Hahaha it's all the little things that we do when we're talking! Making each other laugh like there's no tomorrow, we sang, we danced! HAHAHAHA and boy did we dance! All the single ladies yo~
We didn't steal things though...but I am pretty sure if we had the chance we would ;) hahaha
She was so excited to show me this http://heyitsvon.tumblr.com/post/208926246 and I think it was an amazing post! We also shared this...
The HORROR!!! And to think that was just 3 years ago...the horror...the pain...the double chin...it looks like the unstoppable blob that can ingest anything it touches...it looks like my face was attached to the chin rather than it being the other way around! HAHAHAH I can make fat jokes, I think I as a formerly fat person I have the right to make as much fat jokes as I want to :P
So here's a much more glamorous picture!

Familiar faces, familiar phases, familiar phrases just pops into my mind! But of course we shared more things between us....but that's just it, it was shared between us hahaha

So back to http://heyitsvon.tumblr.com/post/208926246!

So as she was just reading this out loud to me, inputting the usual tones and effects that I've come accustomed and familiar to...we laughed and laughed, at the same time in the midst of all that laughter a switch clicked in my mind and it started working in overdrive, remembering my first time :)

It was in the Saint Andrew's School Conference Room...where all the teachers/board members/councillors meet for their meetings hahaha "meet for their meetings" its redundant...but anyways, that's during the weekdays or school days, but I remember 2002, the year that everything changed!

It was Feb-March and everyone was talking about this camp during the March holidays...everyone was asking everyone will he/she be going? New to the whole concept, I thought it was a camping trip...with bonfires and everything...but boy was I mistaken...but never regretted one bit! What never occurred to me during that time was why the non-muslim rule....

So I went...and realised I was in for an unforgettable experience! It was great I remembered! Checked in and met up with team members who were all very welcomming! Team building activities....Kuhlman we were called.....back then...Kuhlman just sounded like a cool word...like [CoolMan]....Inter-team games....the only other team I remember was Wigglesworth...cause I thought what a funny name....Dinner....and then...

Session 1

Songs...Introductions...A man speaking...and then the most vivid memory...slow songs...and the man asking for people to go to the front...and then hands to head...and people suddenly falling down...people were crying...weeping....some were even screaming...one was rolling around and fisting the ground...

Everyone else was just singing and having their hands raised...what was I and Javon to do...my partner in crime...it was the first time...especially for me...so we ran out of the conference room down to the canteen and was scared we would be "effected" by this craziness...

But God knows everything, and He knows when to act :) of course back then I didn't know this...I thought that a busybody teacher just wanted us to get back into the room with the crazy-ies....Ms. Pushpa...truly an anointed woman of God! Loving and devoted, caring and motherly, understanding and full of patience...

Questions were thrown at her...questions were all answered...uncertain and yet intrigued...we were down in the canteen waiting for everyone to come back down...then supper...followed by many unanswered questions before lights out...

The next day....breakfast...session...no crazies...lunch...games...dinner...and then...

Session 3...it was here where everything changed! The man called for people to come to the front again...tears flowing down...tears of true joy...having a void filled...having met the One and only...Tears of pain being washed away...tears of happiness for the acceptance...words were said by the man...and I echoed it perfectly...word for word...filled with emotion...with awe and devotion...and in Jesus Name...Amen....

This is My Desire... To Honour You...Lord with All My Heart...I Worship You...All I Have Within Me...I Give You Praise...All That I Adore...Is In You...Lord I Give You My Heart....I Give You My Soul....I Live For You Alone...Every Breath That I Take...Every Moment I am Awake...Lord Have Your Ways In Me...

It has been over 7 years...and He still surprises me with new things each and every day! What I said in March 2002 I still mean every word of it! The song I sang I still mean every word of it! And I know that my love for Him grows stronger and deeper each and every day....each moment is His moment!

No comments: