Our Fabulous Sayings.......

"don't dwell on the past, or worry about the present but look forward and visualize the future"
[B']

"We'll praise Him during the good times. We'll praise Him during the bad"
D'ee

Friday, June 12, 2009

when did it start?

So I am VERY EXCITED for tonight's Bible Study!! :D

Tonight it's going to be about Growing Love...even the title of tonight's bible study sounds intriguing!

So the day started out as usual...did the routine things, had lunch at MacDonald's...ordered way too much...holding on to an apple pie and McChicken right now...but something occurred to me when I used the toilet in Raffles Shopping Mall...

Noooooooooooooo~ Not something disgusting, but something that has been going on for quite some time, but I just JUST notice it...like well I have notice it before, but today I just decided to ponder about it....

When did the world become sooo Metrosexual~

Hahaha there's a very interesting article on Wikipedia concerning this topic...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrosexual

and well according to Wiki...the term originated in 1994 and grew in popularity in 2002...but then again how well can you trust Wiki...hahaha as a biomed student we've been asked...more like demanded to NEVER use Wiki as a source...cause ANYONE can change it...and I've tried...hahahah it was funny...of course I did change it back...so anyways this isn't about Wiki it's about the world being metrosexual...

So of course when I say metrosexual...I am immediately referring to the guys, I am sure you've never heard anyone saying..."Look that girl is such a metrosexual..." HAHHAHA or something along that line....

But yeah after using the toilet, you MUST wash your hands...it's proper hygiene...plus it lowers risk of spreading H1N1 hhahahah


So yes there I was...WAITING for an available sink...and then when one finally freed up and as I was looking at myself in the mirror, disgusted by a pimple on the left side of my face....I HATE pimples...hahahah who doesn't right~

So that's when I noticed...

I wasn't just looking at myself in the mirror...I was also setting my hair, checking out how my vest matched with my attire, making sure my belt is centralised, ensuring that my shirt was tucked in properly, that my glasses were in place...then I noticed the other guys at the sink area...ALL of them were doing the same things!

Ok maybe not the EXACT same things....but similar...making their hair look sharper...arranging their sunglasses...pulling up their pants and all this other things...

It is a good thing! But have you ever wondered when did it all start?

It used to be just..

In....flush...wash hands (sometimes this part never even included...NOT ME LAH!!! Other people)...and then out..

Now it's...

In....flush...wash hands...look into the mirror...check yourself out...pull out a comb...maybe some wax...arrange sunglasses/glasses...straighten out clothes...arrange accessories...and such...and THEN out...

Hahahahaha

Guess I am just more appearance conscious now that I have lost more weight! Hahaha cause soon I'll be able to buy more clothes!! :)

Leather jackets...never pants...hahahah....sunglasses...short pants...not short jeans...but short PANTS...you know the very very very nice ones...like stripes, checkered and so on :)......more tshirts...maybe just MAYBE a skinny....more vests...scarfs...belts...shoes...more accessories!!

Hahahah I am going to go crazy!!! I so need a shopping partner...KRYSTLE COME TO SINGAPORE!!!!!! You're the only one who will allow me to spend spend spend!! HAHHAHAH

Will be heading to Expo soon :) celebrating Ray's 19th Birthday!! It's going to awesome!!

Till next time!

No comments: